I have the following components to work with:
- two rooms
- two beefy Dell R510s, one in each room
- two EMC VNXe storage devices, one in each room.
Ensure that if one server room goes down, VMs can continue to come back up & function.
- install Hyper-V on these two boxes
- have one box failover to the other
- abstract the two storage units away into one visible path so that if one goes down, the other can seamlessly fail over
- take advantage of server 2012 to accomplish this
- Can I use cluster shared volumes (CSVs) to accomplish this?
From my reading, it seems like I should be able to do the following:
- install server 2012 on both boxes
- create cluster shared volume comprised of an iSCSI locations on both EMC units
Apologies for the format; on mobile, will clean t up later.