When trying to start the SharePoint Foundation 2010 search using
System Settings > Manage Services on Server > SharePoint Foundation Search (clicking on Start), I get the processing page followed by a
File Not Found error.
Using the Correlation ID This s the first error I encounter from the log:
Gatherer application '965a6039-91d0-4a42-acdb-3f069d1bafe3': The system cannot find the file specified. . Failed while configuring the gatherer application with an exception. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.MSSITLB.IApplicationPlugins.Add(String bstrProgId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.EnsurePlugin(String stringProgId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.ProvisionPlugins() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPGathererApplication.ProvisionPlugins() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.Provision()
There may be an earlier related entry, but I'm not sure
Gatherer application '965a6039-91d0-4a42-acdb-3f069d1bafe3': *Ignoring* an expected FileNotFoundException exception. It occurs when there's no BLOB in the DB (or it's empty) and the registry is empty. Creating a new application
At approximately the same time as me trying to enable the Search feature the windows log shows the following warning:
Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation Search Date: 2013-04-21 14:26:25 Event ID: 116 Task Category: Administration Level: Warning Keywords: User: OFFICE\SPM Computer: DXBDC0002.office.mhdsolutions.com Description: Default application location: was not found.
- OS: Windows Server 2008 R2
- SP: SharePoint 2010 Foundation
- DB: SQL Server 2008 R2 Express
- This server is a Domain Controller
- This is the first time I am configuring SharePoint search, so I don't have a known good configuration to fall back on.
- This is the only server in the farm.
- When I installed SharePoint I somehow got SP to use a Data directory on a different drive. The directory exists and SP has created the Config and Application directories.
- I'm a SharePoint newbie, and this is the first time SharePoint hasn't cooperated.
Attempts to fix
SharePoint Foundation Search v4service was disabled. I enabled it and set it's Log On account to
Full Controlpermissions to
Everyoneon the Data directory
- Searching on the web didn't yield any useful results. All guides assume this step just works.
How do I get more useful information on what is wrong?