We have a strange problem in our Windows SBS 2008 and it just came over a night. The problem is that Windows says that we are not connected to any IP4 or IP6 network but it recognises that the network cable is plugged in.
The server is Domain Controller, DNS and DHCP server.
Things we have tested
- Uninstall the NIC and installed the latest driver from the manufacturer
- Reset both winsock and ip settings by using netsh command
- Installed a new Network card (PCI), still the same problem.
- Tested the network cable in another computer.
- Upgraded the BIOS
- Many restarts
- Test both manual IP address and auto (the auto does not get the default 169)
- New router
Please check the following pictures
OS is Windows 2008 (not R2) If you see above, the command ipconfig /all does not get any IP address information at all.
Any clue, someone?