I have a problem. My developers are using one of my local servers that is located in our office. The server is running PostgreSQL and when they try to make a query to it, it just lags and then gives out a timeout error. Then I started to ping it and trying to make querys my self. When ping is running and the server is responding to the pings PostgreSQL works just fine. But its not only the postgresql. When I am at home everything is working just fine. When I am at office it starts to play around and drop the connections. Some people even can not ping the server it gives them timeout. SSH'ing in to it from office is a pain. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not because the server does not respond, but everything in the server is working fine.
Things I have checked for solutions:
- dmesg on server ( no hardware errors )
- Kernel log ( no errors )
- Factory Reseted all the routers and setup them again ( maybe route tables were off, but did not work )
- Change the Ethernet cable on the server ( no luck )
- Rebooted ( no luck )
- Nothing is eating away the resource of the server ( over 20GB ram left to use, CPU 0.1% )
- IP tables on the server ( everything is in order, even tried to reset them, no luck )
Can anyone help me with this? I am running out of ideas what could be the problem.