All started with bsod from WindowsXP:
unmountable boot volume.
Then I tried ubuntu and
Palimpsest. SMART status was OK (2 bad sectors), but all test failed on "reading system" (I don't know if I translate it correctly).
So I tried
SeaTools from Seagate. Short test fails instantly, long test went at least through 99% of disk (2 errors found at about 20%), but result is failure (it tries also run again short test, failure).
Ubuntu couldn't mount the drive.
What are chances and how to perform: recovering data from drive, and maybe getting drive working again. It's not my drive and I believe there is no data backup.