We currently have a MySQL 5.1 Cluster of two master servers.
Eventually we would like to move to 5.6, while also adding 2 more servers.
What is the best way to achieve this? This is what i had in mind:
- Install 5.6 on 2 new servers
- Stop one of the old master servers.
- Copy all data from the old master to the new servers
- start old master again
- add new servers to cluster for replication
- after checking everything is working, format old servers and install 5.6 there too
However i have some questions regarding this:
- Will MySQL be compatible with running a cluster that consists of both 5.1 and 5.6?
- Is the only way to add a new server is manually copying the data files from one server to the other? Can't you just tell mysql to slowly sync all the data ?
- I couldn't find any guide for adding a new master to an already configured cluster, there are only guides for initial install of the cluster. Are there any like those?
If there is anything else i need to know before doing such move, i would be glad to hear.