Take the 2-minute tour ×
Server Fault is a question and answer site for professional system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm trying to integrate eAccelerator into my server infrastructure using the ELS script. But when I activate it, it causes the gibberish data (shown below) to appear instead of the real content. There is also this open_basedir restriction is effect error which is curious. I wonder how can I fix this? I'm using CentOS, Apache and PHP v5.2.17. eAccelerator gibberish data

share|improve this question
    
The concept of downloading a bash script from someone elses website and blithely running it as root, frankly, scares the bejeezus outta me. –  Tom O'Connor May 28 '13 at 8:03
    
My point being, by all means download their script and have a good look at it, but it's reminiscent of Cargo Cult computing to just hope someone else's script magic works perfectly for your system, which is probably configured subtly differently to their testbed. –  Tom O'Connor May 28 '13 at 8:04
    
Good point. I try to be more careful from now on. (._.") –  Hamed Momeni May 28 '13 at 8:15
    
I downloaded the ELS script and had a good dig about, but it's very difficult to fathom what it changed on your server. Best bet, post some of the /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, /etc/httpd/apache2.conf /etc/httpd/sites-enabled/*, and so on. –  Tom O'Connor May 28 '13 at 8:18
    
Oh, the server is actually fine. I just disabled eAccelerator (in php.ini) and everything went back to normal. I just need to make it work for the sake of performance. –  Hamed Momeni May 28 '13 at 9:01
show 1 more comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.