could you please recommend a CDN for the following use:
1) Ability to update files on the edge servers automatically through API, so it should take no more than 5-10 minutes to make a new version of a file available to all customers worldwide. I need an API command to instant refresh edge file copies. No other udate mechanisms are needed (TTL etc.) 2) Pay-as-you-go
What I've found:
1) Amazon cloudFront is not suitable because they only have TTL that is 24 hours minimum.
2) Rackspace Cloud Hosting is not suitable either, because its TTL is 8 hours min.
3) Cachefly.com. User connects to their ftp (or scp), updates files on the origin and disconnets. Once he disconnected cachefly will instantly update all changed to edge files. There is no limit on connections/disconnections frequency and amout. So cachefly is suitable, but it is not cheap. The transfer price per GB vary from $0.49/GB to $0.25/GB depending on your traffic.
4) SimpleCDN.com. Its support claims that the instant update can be done through admin interface and will be available in API in near future. But I didn't manage to find the ui feature and simplecdn support does not clarify what "near future" means. Moreover, I don't trust simplecdn much, because I didn't manage to find information about the amount and geography of its edge servers and the specifications about its service. But compared to Cachefly.com they are TEN times cheaper: from $0.039 downto $0.019 per GB (it is very strange)
5) Edgecast.com. I've contacted its support and they claimed to have the feature and promised me to send their basic pricing, but I didn't receive anything and AFAIK they are not cheap and not pay-as-you-go.
Community, could you please recommend me some CDN to fulfill my requirments.
Thanks and kind regards, Alex