We've tried both the first options
- Install or upgrade an existing system
- Install system with basic video driver
When trying option #1, it gets to a screen that has a solid cursor about halfway down, then freezes.
When trying option #2, it freezes at the point where it says:
Waiting for hardware to initialize...
Of course, we bought the unsupported version and haven't found anything to help us so far.
Here are the specs to the server in the original post:
- ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
- RAIDMAX Reiter ATX-305WBP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
- Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I72600
- 16GB Ram
- OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB
From some of the posts out there could the UEFI Bios or the Sandy Bridge processor be a culprit here?
We just tried the DVD on a different computer and it got past that point with ease. It's a standard Dell build compared to our custom machine. Could it be having difficulty recognizing drivers? How do we get past that?