- I have encountered a weird error while setting up the
FTP for my Windows Server 2008 R2.
- After finishing the setting up of the FTP, i tried starting it, as it was
OFF by default whereas i think it should be started by default.
- On trying to start this ftp, i encountered an error saying "FTP cannot be started. Another FTP site may be using the same port".
- As there is not other ftp site other than this one, i can't figure it out.
- Yes off course i tried
netstat -a, and found out that the port number 21 is already listening, but i don't see any ftp site running on my
- Can anyone please help me out, that how to resolve this problem or atleast let me know how to stop the service which is listening at port 21 so it stops listening anymore.. so then i can set this current ftp site to listen on port 21.