I have been having some issues setting up my godaddy wildcard SSL cert on a new Debian 7 server running Apache 2. Thinking maybe I have missed something and hoping you can help me out. Here is what I have done so far:
- Turned on SSL mod for Apache: sudo a2enmod ssl sudo service apache2 restart
- Made sure "Listen 443" was in /etc/apache2/ports.conf
- Generated my key using openssl: openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout yourdomain.key -out yourdomain.csr
- Setup godaddy SSL Cert and downloaded ssl files (gd_bundle.crt & mydomain.crt).
- Uploaded godaddy files to my server via ftp and copied them to somewhere more safe.
Updated /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl with the following:
- And made sure it has: SSLEngine on
- And then restarted Apache: sudo service apache2 restart
When I access the domain via https:// I get this error in chrome: Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
And nothing shows up in my apache error logs.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.