I currently have an exchange 2010 server that hosts all three roles CAS,HUB, Mailbox Database.. EDGE Role is handled by postini.
I want to move the CAS,Hub role to a dedicated server and leave the current server to just work on the database role.
What is the process to make this happen with zero downtime.. is this even possible?
so we ran into a couple of snags.. so want to run a new idea by you.
our Current Mailbox/Cas/Hub is running on windows 2008 r2 standard.. so it cant support dag's.. so here is the new plan.
- Building New Mailbox Server (MB1)
- Build New secondary Mailbox Server (MB2)
- COnfigure new DB using Dags on MB1 and MB2
- Online move all users to new DB's on MB1
- Remove Mailbox Role from old Cas/Hub/Mailbox Server
- user old Cas/hub/mailbox server to only run CAS/Hub
if we do this.. it should be doable.. but anyone who has done this is there any downtime?