Because I'm getting
errno=24 on a few queries in my testing environment (Fedora 18 running
mysql-server.x86_64 5.5.31-1.fc18), I'm trying to increase the open files limit for mysqld.
I have already changed the OS limits in
/etc/security/limits.conf, and switching to the mysql user I can test with
ulimit -a that they did take effect.
I have also added the following to
[mysqld] #... open_files_limit = 10000
and restarted the service (and even the physical machine) multiple times, but checking the variables while the server's running,
open_files_limit is always 1024. I tried
open-files-limit as well, since some of the examples I found online conflicted or were ambiguous, but with the same result.
Thinking maybe the file wasn't being read, I tried adding another variable, and sure enough, if I add and change other variables, they are updated in the runtime variable values, but never the
So my next thought was that maybe the
my.cnf file is being superseded by another one somewhere else on the system, but
[root@host /]# find . -name "*y.cnf" ./etc/my.cnf
So I don't think there are any other cnf files (plus, the locations listed at the dev site don't have it).
I'm at a loss- what could be causing mysql not to accept the value for