I am getting this error in my server's windows event log:
An TLS 1.0 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed.
When I try to connect to a web service on a windows 7 box from a windows server 2003 box.
How do I add a cipher suite to one that the other supports?
(fixing clients is ideal, but failing that a server solution is fine - I have access to all boxes involved, I just want some basic encryption between them for privacy).
Along with hours of googling and reading, I have tried:
- Checked server windows event viewer (found cipher suite error)
- Added cipher suites to test1 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948963 (didn't help)
- Added TLS 1.0 to protocols in cipher suites in the server's windows registry (no change)
- Install IIS tools hoping that adds more protocols to Schannel (it doesn't)
- Export certificate for clients, again, but with private key included (no change)
- Check that installed cipher suites match on server and client (can't find where win2k3 lists them)
- Add TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (installed by above hotfix) to server's cipher suites (nope, already on there)