I am building a new machine to be my single machine. My main workstation would be a Windows 7 64 bits for .Net development. I do a lot of WPF stuff, so having access to the video card is desirable.
Would I have losses by having this as a VM on Hyper-V 2008 64 bits?
I would not think so but I would like to double-check here.
I am planning to have the following:
1) Windows 7 64bit: Main workstation/Developer machine (VS2010, .Net 4...) - I will live here 80% of the time
2) Windows XP 32bit: Win16 and Win32 development with Delphi (yes, I occasionally do some pretty old stuff for clients, if they need to)
3) Server 2008 64bit: SQL Server 2008
4) Server 2008 64bit: SQL Server 2008 (to practice fail over, log shipping, etc)
5) Ubuntu 32bit: leisure browsing on murky websites
But if running Windows 7 on Hyper-V will result in limiting the functionality, limiting directly accessing the video card, etc, I could live with a stand-alone installation of Windows 7.