I have a pfSense firewall and I need to connect to a remote site (form my client). I'm running into several issues, and don't see traffic flowing in any way.
Here's my setup:
- I have a
WANinterface as the default gateway.
- I have a
WAN2interface, that I'd like to use for the tunnel to the remote site.
- The remote site is asking my to connect using local IPs of
172.27.10.0/24, as the won't be able to route my traffic otherwise. Their IP range (remote) is
This is what I did already
- Set up the IPSec tunnel. This works, and I can connect.
- I created a Virtual IP (Firewall -> Virtual IPs) of type
IP Alias, in the
- I added routes in System -> Routing, so
WAN2. Same for
172.27.10.0/24, I added a route for that traffic to go through
- On Firewall -> NAT, Outbount, I created a rule for WAN2, source
10.100.0.0/16and Translation Address the IP Alias I created (
With all this setup, I can't connect to any remote address. Even more, I don't see the tunnel connecting, so I guess it's not getting the traffic it needs.
I'm also not seeing any useful information in the firewall log.
Am I doing things right? (or slightly close to right?).