I use IIS 7.5
I hosted a web application (windows authenticated) within default Website
server details server name : kevserver domain name : kserver-dev.com
I logged in to the server with my creds as shown below
Note : my Login domain name is kserver and the servers domain name is kserver-dev.com
when i try to access the Application within the server i am able to access the application.
but if i host the applicaiont as seperate website with host name as fuapp.kserver.com
it throws error stating
"HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. "
I have host file entry for the website
below are the steps i followed to create the website
- Right click on Sites And select "add website".
- gave FSApp as site name. Selceted app pool. gave the path.
- in binding left Type and Port unaltered selected the servers ip address in the ip section
- gave host name as "fuapp.kserver.com" checked start website immediately.
- then Clicked on OK. Now when i right click on the website and try browse it It asks for credentials. if i give my credentials it is not accepting it After three attempts it shows the above said error.
I am unsure if the domain name conflict is the root cause. if so why it didn't occur When i host the application under default website.