We have a very strange error with a brand new ASUS Notebook S550CA, + Windows 8 64 bits Single language + 500 GB Hitach HDD (type: HTS545050A7E380).
- if the laptop is running on battery power, the system runs perfectly fine
- if the laptop is connected via the power adapter the system randomly shows NTFS system file errors, sometimes followed by a BSOD.
- A full chkdsk was performed on all drives and no errors were shown.
- TuneUps software was installed to test the entire drives for errors. No errors were found
- Legal version of Microsoft Office installed
- Fully license McAffee antivirus installed
- No other software installed
- All latest Windows Updates Installed
- All laptop drives are up-to-date
- Many NTFS issues can be found on the internet but so far haven't located any NTFS error that is related to the power source used.
Where should we continue to search for what causes the problem. As noted, it only occurs when an external power source is used. On battery power the laptop runs perfect.