I replaced my aging fileserver with a new server running ESXi 5.1 and migrated my fileserver in a virtual machine running on it. Now I have the following problem with this VM:
- I'm getting the correct IP via DHCP (reservation via MAC address works)
- I cannot ping the gateway (10.0.0.1)
- I can ping the DHCP/DNS server (10.0.0.2)
- I can ping other machines on the network
- Pinging a host on the internet I can resolve it's IP address (due to the reachable DNS server), but cannot ping the resolved host
After changing the IP to a different, static IP I can ping the gateway as well as the internet.
I'm using a single subnet (10.0.0.0/24), the Routing table on the machine is correct.
The gateway is a Linksys E4200 router (with the original firmware).