This might be a simple issue but Im not much of a networking guy and have been unable to figure it out.
I have a testing WAMP server which I can remotely access using remote desktop connection, it has 2 IP addresses, 2 name servers and a single domain
XXX.XXX.XXX.001 XXX.XXX.XXX.002 ns1.mydomain.com ns2.mydomain.com mydomain.com
Online Test Server (WAMP)
Win Server 2008 R2 Disabled Firewall WAMP Server
local workstation (Windows 8 pro)
online DNS Server
Hosted with 3rd party
Is pointing the domain name to BOTH DNS names
Last night everything was working fine, On my
workstation I would type in
mydomain.com and the website would resolve.
This morning it didn't resolve, I tried both
IP addresses directly and it displayed the page correctly. I also tried using other computers and it also doesn't work. It seems to only resolve on the server itself.
I remotely connected to the testing WAMP server and tried entering in the domain name in its browser and to my surprise it actually resolved the webpage fine.
I suspected that the second name server wasn't correct but I double checked and it fine..
So my question is why doesn't it resolve my page from my
And what could I do to fix this.