My problem is that after setting up VPN on a virtual machine (Ubuntu Linux) with that has an IP I cant ping anyone at all over the tun interface from the client. VPN Connection is however successful. I would be eternally grateful for any help. I have looked in google, obviously without success, because of the varying scenarios that could cause this problem.
Here are the setup details :
- Network 192.168.0.0 with netmask 255.255.255.0 with default gateway 192.168.0.1
- Network runs off a Linksys router , I also have a dyndns account. And have opened port 1194, so that the router forwards everything to 192.168.0.106 for this port.
- Openvpn server IP 192.168.0.106 with port 1194 open.
Routing table entry in router:
- Destination : 192.168.10.0 (IP Pool for OpenVpn)
- Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
- Gateway 192.168.0.106
Openvpn server.conf :
# Which local IP address should OpenVPN # listen on? (optional) ;local a.b.c.d port 1194 # TCP or UDP server? ;proto tcp proto udp ;dev tap dev tun ca ca.crt cert homesrv.crt key homesrv.key # This file should be kept secret dh dh1024.pem server 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt ;server-bridge 10.8.0.4 255.255.255.0 10.8.0.50 10.8.0.100 ;server-bridge push "route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0" ;push "route 192.168.20.0 255.255.255.0" ;learn-address ./script ;push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.0.1" ;push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.0.1" ;client-to-client ;duplicate-cn keepalive 10 120 ;tls-auth ta.key 0 # This file is secret ;cipher BF-CBC # Blowfish (default) ;cipher AES-128-CBC # AES ;cipher DES-EDE3-CBC # Triple-DES comp-lzo max-clients 2 ;user nobody ;group nogroup persist-key persist-tun status openvpn-status.log log openvpn.log ;log-append openvpn.log verb 5 mute 20