In company where I work we started using SSD for our internal 3 GB MySQL database
Difference in perfomance is HUGE, which is great.
What I am worried about is lifetime of SSD
Writes to DB are perfomed 24hrs/7days, very few reads.
Should I be worried about the lifespan of SSD?
- Database (binaries) size is 3 GB, MySQL, InnoDB tables
- Hard drive(s) size is 250 GB (RAID 1)
We do about around 100 UPDATE's / INSERT's per minute 24h/7
- We do about around 10-20 row UPDATE's / INSERT's per minute 24h/7
Update: (some more data)
- SSD's in use: SAMSUNG 250GB 840 Evo SATA III
- Software raid (mdadm)
- System: CentOS 6.4
- MySQL version: 5.4
- no TRUNCATE queries are perfomed
- daily stats: lot of UPDATE's (>300k), < 50 DELETE'S, a quite few INSERT's as database is growing ~7-10 MB/day