I am trying to detect which version of the java is running in my system (i mean i want to find out whether my java installation is 32 bit or 64 bit)
I have tried
which outputs following
java version "1.6.0_24" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 188.8.131.52) (rhel-184.108.40.206.11.90.el6_4-x86_64) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)
- is this java 64bit install ?
- is this means java VM is running 64 bit or can it run on both mode ?
- If i has to install java 64 version as well, and setup the JAVA_HOME var to that path how to do this ?
- Long time ago (10 years ago) i did learn java, but those days we didnt had anything called java server like above, is this something different to normal JVM those days ?
- is in Centos can we run java as a Service ?
anyone who can help me, really appreciated.