I have one server - 2008 R2 Enterprise, running WSUS and our KMS server - which is failing to apply any group policies from the domain. I'm out of ideas of how to get this to process. Any ideas?
My steps so far have included the following.
- verified that the secure channel is good via
netdom verify myhost
- Reviewed the gpresult /v output - which shows no computer policies what so ever
- Poked through the registry.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\State\Machine\GPOLink-Listonly shows an entry for the local policy.
- Rename the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Group Policy
- Remove the key
- Apply the steps outlined at KB310741
- triple check the event log (application, system, group policy operational) all of which don't show problems.
- triple check the location in AD computer and group membership settings - there should be about 30 policies applying.
Anything more obvious I've missed?
I did notice one additional item of some interest - the Distinguished-Name value on the State\Machine key described above is coming back blank. Not sure how or why. I tried pasting the correct value in but it didn't work.