I just recently moved one of my Mail server (Exim+dovecot) to google apps thinking it would be a good idea. I am interested to hear what the serverfault community think about it, and mostly weight the pros and cons.
- No need to maintain your own mail server
- Extra security - we're talking google servers here
- No need to deal with resource hog such as spam - it's google problem now.
- Better connectivity / Better uptime
- Security - Can you trust a third party with any sensitive information?
- No access to the mail application and no way to customize to meet your exact needs
- No way to know if google might shut down or charge more money in the long run.
Would be nice to hear what you guys think about moving or not to google apps. Thanks,