I have just set up Subversion server, and test repository, on a Windows server. However I can't connect to it from any computers. Using TortoiseSVN, I get the error message:
Error: Can't connect to host '[host]': A connection attempt failed because the
Error: connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
Error: connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
I can connect to another SVN repository on a different server, so it's surely a problem with this server and installation.
- The Subversion service is running and listening on port 3690.
- I can ping the server's IP address just fine from various PCs.
- Firewall is disabled on the server and my PC (and nothing is blocked by the router).
Any ideas why I might not be able to connect?
Update: More info as requested by AlberT:
netstat -alists, among other lines,
TCP GOWANPOINT:3690 GOWANPOINT:0 LISTENING
- I'm using TortoiseSVN to connect, as noted above. I'm trying to check out the new repository I created, and connecting to:
- Tried telnet-ing (using putty) and got a similar timeout error.
- OS: Windows Server 2003