Had to deal with this. I use hosted subversion, and did a dump and then import. Their import process didn't transfer the UUID from the old repo to the new one so I got the same error as the OP. All the answers on the Stack Exchange sites only tell you how to deal with this by using "svnadmin setuuid", but that wasn't an option for me since I use a hosted service (and therefore svnadmin won't have access to the repository). I could have entered a ticket but didn't want to deal with the wait, so here is how i fixed it, by manually updating the UUID of my working copy:
Warning: only try this if you're certain the working copy and the repository you're re-pointing to are absolutely in sync. Not sure what will happen if they aren't.
The process is basically to replace old UUID with new UUID in the files named "entries" in the hidden svn folders (folders named .svn or _svn) of your working copy. Once that's done you can use TortoiseSVN's "relocate" to point the working dir to the new repository URL.
- In console window, cd to the root of your working folder.
- Run command to recursively remove the "read-only" attribute from the "entries" files:
attrib -R entries /S
- Use a text editor's "replace in files" function to replace the old UUID with the new UUID. I used Visual Studio with the following settings: Look in: PATH_TO_WORKING_FOLDER_ROOT / Include sub-folders: checked / Look at these file types: entries
- Undo step #2:
attrib +R entries /S
- "Relocate" working copy to new URL. I used TortoiseSVN: right-click working folder, TortoiseSVN->Relocate.
All step 5 does is replace the URL's in the "entries" files I think, so you might be able to do that manually if you wanted. Also possible with "svn" command line tool, but don't know the command off the top of my head.