I have an unusual issue with my Exchange 2010 environment. The set-up is as follows:
- 5x domain controllers - (2x2003, 2x2012, 1x2008)
- Domain Function Level is: Windows Server 2003
- Server 2003, Exchange 2003 Ent SP2
- Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2010 Std SP3
dcdiag /v /a /q shows everything is healthy.
The issue we are having is:
- A user is created via Active Directory (no mailbox).
- NOTE: We wait up to 15 minutes and have confirmed replication is working in AD as the other DC's have the user present. We attempt to add a mailbox to the user via Exchange 2010 using the Exchange Management Console.
- The user is not visible within "Recipient Configuration". NOTE: We are not searching for the user under "Recipient Configuration > Mailbox"
- If we attempt to use the find feature it does not find the user
- We are able to mail enable the user if we use the Exchange Management Shell.
At first I thought that perhaps the EMC may have had a filter on it, but this does not appear to be the case. I have also tried to reset the MMC cache (
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC) by renaming the file.
Has anyone come across this problem or does anyone have any ideas?