I'm at a bit of a loss for trying to figure out how to improve our file sharing with remote users.
The setup is as follows:
- Cogent Fiber 100 Mb/s Up and Down
- Sonicwall running SonicOS 5.8.1
- Dell PowerEdge R310
- Washington, DC
- Is running Windows 7 Pro.
- Has a comcast 50 Mb Dl 12 up speed
- Experiencing download speeds of 220 Kbs/s
Here's what I've done:
- Changed my key exchange to 'Group 1' for better network performance. [minor minor improvement.]
- ISP MTU is set to 1542, I dropped WAN from 1500 to 1460 and the issue got worse.
- Pings to Fileserver are in the 60-70 milisecond range.
Is this just a potentially poor use of SMB? Should I try to find another way to share files with remote users.