installation does not detect the raid 1 logical drive created from ACU. the installation shows the two 2T disks, and after the installation is complete, I can not boot up to the system.
I have been searching, and I am looking for the right procedure.
Do i need to an extra driver for smart array ? if yes which one and how to install it!
PS : on ILO interface within Storage section i have the message below : No Smart Array Controller found. HP Smart Array Controller or HP Dynamic Smart Array RAID Controller is required to display drive array information.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Continuing my search for full correct installation procedure, kindly check and advise about the procedure below. If i am missing any important detail
- Download RHEL 6.4 Software Driver Update and extract it.
- Copy hpvsa-1.2.4-4.rhel6uX.x86_64.dd to a USB Key formatted as FAT32.
- Once the floppy driver diskette ready on the USB Key and the Array is being created, is time to begin the EL 6.4 installation by booting from the DVD.
- On the main installation menu for EL, mount the USB Key with the driver on it. At the installation menu, select the installation method and hit “ESC” key to receive the "boot:" prompt
- At that "boot" prompt enter the following command: linux dd blacklist=ahci
- Hit ENTER Select Yes for driver diskette, Select the USB drive.
- Select the driver disk image and select OK .
- Continue the OS installation, then just click select the logical volume where to install the EL (version 6.4).
Installation tested and works as expected.