Of the major Unix shells (bash, ksh, tcsh, zsh, others?), are there any compelling reasons to use one over another?
- Which is the most interactive/command-line friendly?
- Which is the most conducive/intuitive for writing scripts?
- Are there any major built-in features that one shell offers that others don't?
- Are any of these shells really good for one type of function, but not another? Or are they all pretty well-rounded/flexible?
- Is it just a matter of personal preference?
I can make this community wiki if anyone prefers.