Yesterday I installed a Ubuntu server 12.04.3 as VMware instance. I only installed svn, apache2 and ssh. After I finished this basic setup (installation plus configuration) I created a zip file of the VMware instance. Since I unpacked that zip file the VWware instance doesn't start up without user interaction.
I even started in recovery mode, and went through the options:
- Clean (Try to make free space)
- dpkg (Repair broken packages)
- dsck (Check all file systems)
- grub (Update grub bootloader)
- root -> performed shutdown, and a manual startup
Any ideas what I can do, in order that the VM starts without choosing
Ubuntu, with Linux 3.8.0-29-generic ?