Just installed VCenter 5.5 -- simple install method. Defaults all around.
- Got logged in to web client using Administrator@vsphere.local
- configured SSO to allow local account as admin.
- Gave admin perms to this user for the Vcenter server listed
- Logged back in as this user
- Attempts to create datacenter just churn endlessly
I've tried creating a datacenter with both the local Administrator account and the Administrator@vsphere.local account --- same results.
Both accounts have carte blanche admin rights to the one listed item, which is the vcenter server itself.
I can't add a host or datastore without defining a top-level datacenter [ from my understanding anyway ]
Am I missing something?
UPDATE: I can't create folders. Also, it seems like the refresh button at top is constantly spinning. Basically, no task will complete.
UPDATE 2: Following ewwhite's suggestion [ see below ], I tried the .net client and met with success. I will try rebooting the server and see if that resolves the issue with the web client. As I understand it, some newer 5.5 VMware Vsphere features are only available in the web client.