- We have a server running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials. It is the only server on the domain and runs Active Directory and is the Domain Controller. It also manages the firewall and certificate services.
- We have a web-address setup similar to https://remote.mycompany.com which on visiting is redirected to a Static IP at our office at which point you were prompted to loin to the server
- We have an SSL certificate applied to the server/domain/website for the remote connection
- This was all working and going to the website we could log in and view the computers on the network, view files etc. We could also get a RDC link and then connect to each computer.
Sadly something has changed without me knowing and I cannot figure out why we now cannot connect either to the website or RDC.
Currently the only signs on the server something is wrong is if I log into the server directly and open the Dashboard I see there are some errors in the Alert Viewer.
- "The firewall is not configured correctly and may be blocking remote web access"
- "Remote Desktop services is not configured correctly. You must configure Remote Desktop Services to remotely connect to computers on the network"
If I click repair for both of these items the errors go away but sadly the problem is not fixed, on reboot they return.
Now I have fully disabled the firewall and this means the remote web page works, I can log in but I get SSL certificate warnings. RDC still won't work. I have also tried to change the firewall rules to allow RDC but I have no clue what I should add or how. I also know the SSL cert hasn't expired.
Checking out the server event logs I did notice one odd error.
Event 91: Something to do with the Activity Directory Cert Service not being able to connect to the Active Directory. However after looking at the Microsoft tech support site this apparently is not really an issue as it is caused by the order services start in.
Has anyone seen this or know what is wrong or even where to look.