One of my employees is having trouble sending mail with attachments to an external party. We're using Outlook 2010 in conjunction with Exchange 2010 Standard.
Here's what I've deduced so far:
- Sending from employee's mailbox on employee's PC to external party - email arrives with no attachment
- Sending from employee's mailbox via OWA to external party - email arrives with attachment
- Sending from my mailbox on employee's PC to external party - email arrives with attachment
- Sending from employee's mailbox on my PC to external party - email arrives without attachment
- Sending from employee's mailbox on my PC to my gmail account - email arrives with attachment
In all cases where the email does not arrive with the attachment, pulling the message up in OWA does show the attachment intact.
Initially I thought it was an issue with his Outlook setup, but now I'm not sure. The attachment is innocuous and actually doesn't appear to matter... We're trying to send a PDF but other types like images don't arrive either in the same circumstances as above.
At this point I have no idea what the issue could be. The recipient mailbox is hosted by a local ISP, so I have an idea he should maybe be reaching out to them, but the circumstances above are so bizarre I don't think they would be able to help. Can anyone suggest what might be going on here?
EDIT: I've just found out that this is affecting at least one other employee as well.
I know that your Exchange mailbox retains some information about Outlook properties... If I customize my view in Outlook, say, and move to another PC and load up my mailbox it brings those settings along. Is it possible to clear or reset these settings in an Exchange mailbox?