I'm trying to build an architecture with Virtual Servers for J2EE Web applications Hosting. I've no experience in virtualisation. I currently have 1 server whith Apache/Jboss/Postgresq/Proftpd installed and I want to design something where services run on different servers.
1 HTTP Load Balancer (+ 1 HTTP server for failover)--> Multiple Application Servers or web servers--> Database Server (+ 1 server for replication)
Files will be stored on SAN and 2 servers for Database and HTTP Load Balancer (not virtual)
Here is what I have in mind: Architecture
- What do you think about this architecture?
- Is Jboss running well on Xen (or VMWare) virtual machines?
- Is heartbeat the best tool to get failover?
- Am I right to put the database on a dedicated server (and not on SAN)?
- my SAN will be used for static files (images...). Should I use iSCSI or Fiber Channel?
Thank You !!!