This question already has an answer here:
We have a worldwide nonprofit organization which receives a modest amount of traffic (or at least I figure it's modest but I have little to compare against -- enter SF)
How do I determine what scale of service I need from a hosting/VM provider?
- What hard metrics work?
- Response time?
- CPU utilization?
- Requests being handled per hour?
- What is reasonable for me to expect a service to handle at different cost levels?
- Should there be limits to my expectations on uptime for a less expensive service?
- Do I need to do a rough calculation of my expected bandwidth and match it with t
- Should I inquire into the kind of internet connectivity is backing my service?
What are reasonable expectations at each cost level for a hosting provider? At what cost level can I get these expectations written as part of an SLA?