I have an Oracle logical standby database being managed via data guard. Just this morning the redo apply process began failing with an ORA-01919 error, indicating one of our application roles did not exist. However, I can see the role on both primary and standby databases. We also have a physical standby that has long since applied the redo where this is happening on the logical, without issue.
I have opened an SR with Oracle. I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this before.
I guess I should mention: Oracle 10.2.0.4, Win2003 Server SP2.
UPDATE: So far, Oracle Support has not provided an answer. I thought I'd post here what I have learned so far.
It appears that a grant of DBA on the primary host to a role works fine for users granted the role. It does not work on the logical standby. IOW:
create role TEST; grant dba to TEST; grant TEST to auser; connect auser set role TEST; grant <existing role> to <existing user>;
This works on the primary instance but fails on the logical. A workaround appears to be to grant each role on the primary to the role TEST with admin option in the logical:
grant <existing role> to TEST with admin option; <== do this on the logical standby
Then the command works on the logical standby.