I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 print server. The client machines are Windows 7 Professional. I am having issues with user accounts not getting the printer added when they login.
Things that I have tried:
- Installed Printer Driver In Printer Manager
- Set Printer To Be Shared
- Set the Security Of The Printer To The Correct Group
- Added The User To The Correct Group
- Created A New GPO
- Added The Printer To The GPO (See Image)
- Added The Group To The Security Filtering
- Ran GPUPDATE /Force
I have another GPO that I have setup for another printer, and it works fine. The only difference between that GPO and the one that I am having issue with is the security filtering. The filtering on the one that works has the following:
- Domain Users
- Authenticated Users
I have also made a video, so that you can see the steps. Please click here to see the video.