I know this will be hard, but I'm willing to try the Q&A route.
I have a Wordpress site that currently has 60,000 visitors on the site at once.
I'm using an EC2
For caching plugin I'm using WP-Super-Cache.
I'm noticing a very slow response time, lots of
502 errors, plus... I have tons of errors like these in my nginx log:
10319#0: *57132 connect() to unix:/tmp/php5-fpm.sock failed (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) while connecting to upstream
I'm confused what the heck the bottle neck is...
- I have 4 CPU cores, each at about ~15%... total load avg of .85-1 constant
- ~4GB used of 16GB
- RDS at 60% CPU usage, low latency for reads and writes
For my settings... ive basically exhausted all my knowledge + hours of googling...
- 100 max_children for php-fpm
- 4096 for backlog & somaxconn
- nginx: worker_rlimit_nofile 200000
- nginx: worker_processes 8
- nginx: worker_connections 32768
I don't know if some of these are too high or low, I've tried to tweak it to the best of my ability...
I don't even really know how to find the problem either. When I look through slow log it's just a lot of random stuff probably because everything is going slow... not just one thing.