Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I can access a site (ie: through my proxy/firewall, it means that it will allow all it's subdirectories (

I can access the website but it returns me error 403.6, if I try to access

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by TheCleaner, Nathan C, Iain, Andrew B, HopelessN00b May 23 '14 at 13:51

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions must be relevant to professional system administration. Server Fault is dedicated to professional system and network administrators. End user and enthusiast questions are off-topic (contact your system administrator or hire a professional to help you out). Please see the Help Center for more information." – TheCleaner, Nathan C, Iain, Andrew B
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

...just because you can access the main site doesn't mean you can access other stuff. 403 is Forbidden. – Nathan C May 23 '14 at 13:32
You had to ask this on This site is for professional sysadmins. – peterh May 23 '14 at 13:36
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Have you tried to access any https enabled site over your proxy/firewall?

You may have problem with your proxy settings regarding 443 port.

BTW, traceroute has nothing to do with http.

share|improve this answer
Do you have proxy logs? There is the answer to your question. – titus May 23 '14 at 13:23
Could it be a blockage from this target website? – Sheldo May 23 '14 at 13:29
@titus A traceroute can be performed with any IP packet except from ICMP errors. Though performing a traceroute with a packet in the middle of an HTTP connection is complicated. – kasperd May 23 '14 at 14:48

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.