I'm trying to remotely access a particular computer of mine and it seems that VNC has stopped. I can tell that the computer is still running because I can VNC into another machine on the same network and can see my target machine under the Network section in Windows Explorer and can also ping it succesfully.
- I own the target computer
- I am currently too far to physically access it
- Remote Desktop Connection feature of Windows is not enabled
- The computer normally runs a VNC server, but it seems to have stopped
- The computer is definitely on and connected to the network
- The computer has no password on the Admin account
- I can VNC into other computers on the same LAN
Given these conditions how can I get into the target to open VNC server, or even just reboot the target (VNC should open on startup)?
I have tried PsExec and get "access is denied", and also tried "Connect to another computer.." from the Computer Management console and also get "access is denied".