I have configured SNMP service on a Windows 2012 server but it appears that querying SNMP fails for the most part (sometimes I will get a response, sometimes I wont, sometimes I always get half of an snmp response). If I remove the snmp service and reinstall the snmp service, I can query the service for a while but then it begins to fail again.
I have made sure that windows firewall will allow the snmp connection. I have also verified that snmp if configured correctly to allow for querying. I have tried stopping and restarting the service and that does not have any net gain. I have made sure that nothing else is listening on upd/161.
I have also used an snmpwalk utility on the local host to only get the same response. So I do not believe this is a networking issue but an issue with the snmp agent on windows.