I've configured an additional network interface with only private address but i can't reach that server using this newly created address.
Here are the steps I've done:
- created 2 machines: A and B (same zone).
- created an additional ENI with a new private address
- configured a single security group with all traffic (inbound and outbound) allowed.
- attached the new ENI to A.
- configured the ubuntu box to setup the new interface (eth1 auto)
From B to A using the primary private IP I can access all services, but using the new private IP address (from the new ENI), I can't.
May I missed something?
eth1 config file
iface eth1 inet dhcp
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 0a:c2:2a:39:ef:8f inet addr:172.31.12.138 Bcast:172.31.15.255 Mask:255.255.240.0 inet6 addr: fe80::8c2:2aff:fe39:ef8f/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:9001 Metric:1 RX packets:983 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:21 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:94662 (94.6 KB) TX bytes:3006 (3.0 KB)