I recently deployed a php site to IIS 7.5 on Windows server 2008 r2 that works fine locally and worked fine yesterday. Today, we tried to execute the scripts on the server and it failed to access the directories(full control for IUSR & IIS_IUSRS) that it requires to execute some powershell scripts. I checked the user account that the site is being run under, pass-through authentication with anonymous authentication but, when I run a get_current_user() via php he returned name is $ rather than the application pool identity whereas on my other servers it shows the application pool identity like ASP .net 4.0
UPDATE: killed the site out of IIS, cleared the directories, pushed the site back onto the server and readded it as a site. It's working for now.