I've installed mcrypt on CentOS ( via yum ), but when I try to do a dl() call in A), I get the message in B).
- A) dl( mcrypt.so ) or die('The Mcrypt module could not be loaded ['. $prefix . 'mcrypt.' . PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX .']');
- B) The Mcrypt module could not be loaded [ mcrypt.so ]
Now, I know that yum has installed mcrypt, but I don't know the location it has put it in. Can I find that out? More importantly, how can I get the latest installed mcrypt working with my PHP system. Many threads suggest you recompile PHP ( ex: http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=26527 ), but I don't know how to do this with CentOS. I've also played with my library paths to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- CentOS: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 #1 SMP Wed Apr 1 09:10:25 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- mcrypt: mcrypt-2.6.8-1.el5.x86_64
- PHP: php-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3.x86_64