I'm setting up Django with mod_wsgi on Apache and I've been debugging the errors that appear in the error log. However, I can't always get it to create a log.
My process is goes something like this. It's pure guessing right now, but every 10-15 minutes of trying, I'm able to make the log appear.
- open up the url a couple times to get Internal Server Error in the browser
- restart Apache for good measure
- refresh the directory in Filezilla
- close and reopen PuTTY and Filezilla
- repeat until the log appears, then delete it, so you know the new log file contains only new errors
Terrible logic, I know. I'm just wondering, what actually causes the error to log or not log?