DO NOT UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL - DOES NOT WORK
I have seen so many people go through this ridiculous process of uninstalling and Reinstalling the VPN Client. Follow these and your life will be made a lot easier.
During the install or upgrade process, the uninstaller is not able to remove the old Cisco VPn LAN and thus creates a new one.
1. Goto Start --> Settings --> Network Connections --> View Network Connections
2. On the listed Connections, you will fine two Cisco Local Area Connections. The first will have a disabled Status, the second one will have a connected status.
3. Select the Cisco VPN LAN connection that has a connected status and disable it by right clicking and select disable
4. That is all you need to do
1. Open Device Manager
2. Select Network Adapters
3. Uninstall the Cisco Adapter without the Disabled Icon (Red Top Left icon)
4 Thats it
Now as a side note, there also instances where you do not have any Local Area connections in your Network Connections for Cisco. To correct this, locate the msi file, and right click on it and run a repair. This will create a new VPN Local Area Connection Entry.
Thanks for allowing me share this with you