Take the 2-minute tour ×
Server Fault is a question and answer site for professional system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm currently trying to migrate a bunch of databases from one server to another (both servers are running the exact same versions of mysql). Every night I do a backup using mysqlhotcopy. I've copied the backups (all databases, including mysql) via rsync to the new server. Now I get a slew of tables that are read only and I can't do anything to fix it.

What I know: the permissions and owners of the moved database are correct. They're both mysql.mysql and it has proper read/write permissions to the tables (660). I've flushed the privileges, status, tables, tables with read lock. I've tried various repairs (repair table blah; repair table blah use_frm;) with no luck.

I'm out of ideas and my searches are coming back with all the same suggestions.

(This also has me curious if I ever had to restore from these copies if I would run into the same massive problem.)

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

I fixed it. I'll leave out the vast majority of expletives that left my mouth over the past 5 minutes, but SELinux was the culprit. Now that that piece of #@$@!# is off, everything works.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.