Recently, while using svn+ssh on Mac OSX, usually after a few svn operation, I usually get in a state where I only get "Connection refused" errors from any svn command. At this point, any operation using ssh (
ssh username@hostname) will result a "Connection refused" error. I then have to wait for a few minutes until it starts working again.
Here is what I have looked into so far:
- Asked hosting provider for ssh particularities (dedicated ip, port 22 to open). Everything is fine according to them.
- Checked on a different machine, different operating system (Windows XP using putty). Same result
- No firewalls are running.
- Port 22 is not blocked by my router.
- If I have a ssh connection on the server when the connection refused message start appearing. Using that connection,
shh localhostwill work.
Is there anything else that could be used to help find the source of the problem?